Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Unholy Alliance

"Capitalists will sell us the rope we will use to hang them." is a quote attributed to Lenin.

Progressives have now offered a corollary to that:

Progressives have never met a fellow Bush-hating radical islamist, who would just as soon put them to the sword, that they didn't like.

From the Daily Kos
"I know I'm a Jewish lesbian and he'd probably have me killed. But still, the guy speaks some blunt truths about the Bush Administration that make me swoon... I want to be very clear. There are certainly many things about Ahmadinejad that I abhor — locking up dissidents, executing of gay folks, denying the fact of the Holocaust, potentially adding another dangerous nuclear power to the world and, in general, stifling democracy. Even still, I can’t help but be turned on by his frank rhetoric calling out the horrors of the Bush Administration and, for that matter, generations of US foreign policy preceding.

Ahmadinejad, who has flagrantly trounced due process and the rule of
law in his own nation is still way ahead of Bush on this point, too.


he hints at a conspiracy theory that US intelligence forces may have
been involved or complicit --- but it’s not a huge departure from the 9/11
commission and our collective recognition that, for all their failings leading
up to the attack, the FBI and CIA got away clean.


It striking when a leader with an abysmal human rights record is the one championing the rights of the poor and oppressed to the president of the United States who proclaims to be the world’s savior. Dangerous, indeed--certainly to the status quo he critiques.


Monday, when Ahmadinejad speaks at Columbia University in New York, I’ll be listening. Maybe with a bottle of wine and some soft music playing in the background. If I can get past the fact that, as a Jewish lesbian, he’d probably have me killed, I’ll try to listen for some truth.

This is not a new phenomenon. David Horowitz, no stranger to the radical left detailed the progressive love affair with other totalitarian enemies of the United States in his 2004 book Unholy Alliance.

No comments: